Healio teams win 10 APEX publishing excellence awards
Year after year, the Healio and Healio LIVE teams have won an increasing number of APEX awards for publishing excellence, this year bringing in 10 in total, including three grand prizes.
“I am extremely proud of these teams who consistently deliver high-quality content to the medical specialists they serve,” John C. Carter, chief operating officer of the Wyanoke Group, said in a press release. The Wyanoke Group is the parent company of Healio and Healio LIVE.
Each year, the APEX Awards recognize excellence in graphic design, editorial content and overall communications excellence.
Chosen from over 1,200 entries and a total of 100 grand prizes, Healio’s 10 APEX awards include:
- Helio | Infectious Disease News: Media COVID-19 – Grand Prize for “Long COVID: A ‘mysterious’ syndrome with ‘no clear pattern’ of symptoms,” (July 2021) Caitlyn Stulpin, editor;
- Unmasking the COVID-19 Podcast and City Hall: Electronic Media – Grand Prize, Healio News Staff;
- Diabetes in Real Life: Writing – Grand Prize, Healio | Endocrine Today staff;
- Climate Change and Health Resource Center: Environment – Climate Change, Healio staff;
- Hawaiian Eye and Retina 2022 Reunion Campaign: Campaigns, programs and plans – events and meetings, Trish Caruso, Nancy Chernitsky, Jessica Arno, Healio LIVE;
- Helio | Endocrine Today: Writing – Writing articles, “Gendered Care for Minors Requires Teamwork, Family-Centered,” (July 2021) Michael Monostra, Online Content Editor;
- Helio | HemOnc Today: Writing – Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, “The ‘knowledge gap’ hinders efforts to improve care for LGBTQ+ patients” (September 2021) Jennifer Southall, Editor;
- Helio | Ocular Surgery News: Writing – Health and Medical Writing, “‘Enormous’ Potential in Robotics Opens Door to Next Revolution in Eye Surgery”, (August 2021) Michela Cimberle, Editor;
- American Heart Association 2021 Scientific Sessions News: Writing – Medical and Health Writing, Healio | Cardiology Staff Today; and
- Women in Oncology Health and Wellness Series: Writing – Writing Series, Talitha Bennett, Alexandra Todak, Editorial Director of Women in Oncology, and Jennifer Southall, Editor, Healio | HemOnc Today
Healio wins 8 prizes, including 2 grand prizes, for the excellence of its publication. https://wyanokegroup.com/press_room_posts/healio-wins-8-awards-including-2-grand-awards-for-publication-excellence/. Published September 13, 2021. Accessed July 19, 2022.
Healio wins 7 publishing excellence awards. https://wyanokegroup.com/press_room_posts/healio-wins-7-awards-for-publication-excellence/. Published July 16, 2020. Accessed July 19, 2022.