IGT celebrates 15 years of environmental, social and governance excellence with the release of the 2021 Sustainability Report
LONDON, July 7, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — International Game Technology PLC (“IGT”) (NYSE:IGT) today announced the release of its 2021 Sustainability Report, which outlines the demonstrated environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance of the society. IGT 15e The annual sustainability report validates the company’s commitment to operating as an industry-leading sustainable business and illustrates its latest achievements in creating value for its stakeholders.
“IGT understood the great importance of sustainability 15 years ago when we published the company’s first sustainability report, and our 2021 sustainability report highlights the progress we have made since then,” said Vince SaduskyCEO of IGT. “We are developing our sustainability plans to further embed sustainability across the value chain and improve ESG impact throughout our day-to-day operations. Highlighted in our 2021 sustainability report, this plan outlines the strategic objectives that will drive our ESG performance, now and in the future.”
IGT’s latest sustainability report demonstrates the company’s commitment to creating value for its stakeholders, increasing its corporate citizenship and improving its business reporting through four key sustainability priorities. sustainability: Valuing and protecting our employees, advancing responsibility, supporting our communities and fostering sustainable operations.
Highlights of the report include:
- Value and protect our employees: IGT values, respects and appreciates the contributions of all employees. The diversity of its workforce and its appreciation of a multicultural work environment contribute to IGT’s understanding of global business needs and build on IGT’s meaningful relationships with customers and communities.
- IGT has released its first Human Rights Policy Statement which outlines the company’s belief that promoting sustainable principles begins with respecting the fundamental rights to which all human beings are entitled. As a global organization, IGT is charged with promoting human rights and contributing to meaningful change in the world.
- Diversity and inclusion goals were recently introduced for IGT’s leadership team, and in 2021 business unit leaders created action plans linked to goals for diverse representation within their teams.
- Advancing Accountability: IGT’s commitment to advancing accountability includes maintaining the integrity of gaming by ensuring that its products and services are fully compliant with applicable laws and protecting the rights of all stakeholders. The company’s approach to responsible gaming follows goals and commitments to raise responsible gaming standards across the industry.
- In 2021, IGT published its Global Responsible Gambling Policy to transparently inform all relevant stakeholders of IGT’s global programs and solutions. It was also created to meet or exceed responsible gaming requirements and regulations in all jurisdictions where IGT operates.
- IGT also reaffirmed its leadership in responsible gaming with a recertification of the World Lottery Association’s Associate Member Corporate Social Responsibility Certification Framework and Standards.
- Supporting our communities: IGT supports the communities where it operates and where its employees live through corporate programs that align with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Community engagement and employee engagement initiatives encompass a wide range of causes through corporate donations, corporate sponsorships and employee-focused programs.
- In 2021, IGT’s charitable donations have primarily focused on basic needs as the ongoing effects of the COVID-19 pandemic have had lasting impacts on the communities it serves.
- Foster sustainable operations: IGT’s sustainability practices involve the continuous improvement of its environmental management systems and the reduction of its impact on the environment.
- In 2021, IGT joined the Science Based Targets initiative, which encourages climate action among businesses around the world. With this pledge, IGT has formally committed to setting goals to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, contribute to low-carbon emissions, and strengthen IGT’s ESG impact.
IGT (NYSE:IGT) is a global leader in gaming. We provide entertaining and responsible gaming experiences for players across all regulated channels and segments, from lotteries and gaming machines to sports and digital betting. Leveraging a wealth of compelling content, substantial investments in innovation, player insights, operational expertise and cutting-edge technology, our solutions deliver unparalleled gaming experiences that engage players. players and stimulate growth. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in over 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity and accountability. IGT has approximately 10,500 employees. For more information, please visit www.igt.com.
Caution Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This press release may contain forward-looking statements (including within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995) regarding International Game Technology PLC and its consolidated subsidiaries (the “Company”) and other matters. These statements may discuss objectives, intentions and expectations regarding future plans, trends, events, dividends, results of operations or financial condition, or otherwise, based on the current beliefs of the Company’s management as well as only assumptions made by, and information currently available to, this management. Forward-looking statements may be accompanied by words such as “aim”, “anticipate”, “believe”, “plan”, “could”, “would”, “should”, “should”, “continue”, “estimate”, “expect”, “plan”, “future”, “direction”, “intend”, “may”, “will”, “possible”, “potential”, “predict”, “project” or the negative or other variations thereof. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date such statements are made and are subject to various risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond the control of the Company. If one or more than one of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or if any of the underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements and from past results, performance or achievements. should not place undue reliance on these statements. Factors that could cause that actual results may differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements include (but are not limited to) the factors and risks described in the Company’s Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021 and other documents filed from time to time with the SEC, which are available on the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov and on the investor relations section of the Company’s website at www.IGT.com. Except as required by applicable law, the Company undertakes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements. You should carefully consider these factors and other risks and uncertainties affecting the business of the Company. All forward-looking statements contained in this press release are qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement. All subsequent written or oral forward-looking statements attributable to International Game Technology PLC, or persons acting on its behalf, are expressly qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement.
Phil O’ShaughnessyGlobal Communications, Toll Free USA/Canada +1 (844) IGT-7452; outside the United States/Canada +1 (401) 392-7452
Francesco Luti, +39 06 5189 9184; for Italian media inquiries
James HurleyInvestor Relations, +1 (401) 392-7190
© 2022 IGT
The trademarks and/or service marks used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of IGT, its affiliates or its licensors.
SOURCE International Game Technology PLC